3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

auto run presentation (2000)

Can anyone tell me how I can make a Powerpoint Show I have saved on a CD run from automatically when I insert the CD into my pc?

Thanks

Roberta

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: auto run presentation (2000)

This worked for me:

Create a text file (using Notepad) called autorun.inf --this file will be saved on your CD along with the PP file. Place this text in the file:

[autorun]
    open=START yourfile.pps

If you want the presentation to open in slide show mode, save it as a PP Show, rather than as PP Presentation. (File, Save As, change it under Save as type:, below where the filename displays.) Otherwise it will open PP with the file open, the slide show would have to be started manually.

This could be made more elaborate, but it's pretty simple and does work. Good luck.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

thank you for this - all I had been able to gather so far was that I would need to buy a third party product! This seems like a much better answer - the best ones usually are very straight forward!

Roberta

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Before you give up, look at Sonia Coleman's <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.soniacoleman.com/Tutorials/PowerPoint/Autorun_CD.htm>Autorun CD Project Creator</A>. She's a Microsoft MVP for Power Point and an expert on this subject. There is a $25 charge, but a free trial download. HTH --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>