Lounger
    Thanks

Excel 2007 - chart data

Hi All

Selected data on Sheet 1 includes heading in cell A1 for whole sheet (see file attached). When I select range for chart (A15), it includes the A1 cell heading as a Category in the horizontal axis, which of course contains no data. The legend shows no labels from Row 1, only 'Series1, Series2, etc'

If I delete the heading in A1, go to the chart and decide to "Switch Row/Column" the chart will then correct itself and display only the relevant Category and Series data. I can then go back and type the heading into A1 and it doesn't effect the chart UNLESS i decide to "Switch Row/Column" again.

Excel does not do this EVERY time however? Can someone please tell me if there is another solution (apart from my rudimentary method) and any explanation on why this occurs??

Many thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    I am not sure of all the mechanics in code to do the checking, but when having the wizard select the proper ranges for labels, I found as you that having a blank header in the X category works the best.

Steve

Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Thanks for taking the time to reply Steve. I had found the same thing so now I know that what you have suggested is probably the best way to avoid the problem.
    Cheers.
    Many thanks for any help, much appreciated.
    Have a great day!
    WebMistress