5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lightscrbe: Expection occurred enumerating drives

I have a Lightscribe drive (on which LS worked before), the drive itself is working fine. Running Win7(64) HP system.
    LS drive is not recognized, when I execute the LS Diagnostic Utility I get (literally) this message "An expection occurred enumerating drives" (there's no typo's here... this is what it says; I think the word is "exception" but whatever...).
    I'm unsure what's causing this; LS software begins to install but rolls back and uninstalls automatically 70% down the process.

I'd appreciate any suggestions (I also posted on the LightScribe forum itself but can't log-in all the time and don't get too much response; someone suggested I'd remove registry entries of the drive and have Windows re-install it)
    Last edited by ErikJan; 2011-02-04 at 03:24. Reason: Added link

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikJan View Post
    I have a Lightscribe drive (on which LS worked before), the drive itself is working fine. Running Win7(64) HP system.
    LS drive is not recognized
    I'm unsure what's causing this; LS software begins to install but rolls back and uninstalls automatically 70% down the process.
    ErikJan,
    Hello... When you say "LS software begins to install" How are you doing this? Are you installing as an "Administrator" When ever i see a program "roll back" It's usually because i don't have permission of some "temp" folder that the program is trying to access. Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I installed as admin as well. The problem is that my system doesn't see my drive as LightScribe anymore; the diagnostic tool says "An expection occurred enumerating drives" as I indicated above. My (BR) drive IS lightscribe as I did use it before for that. I can understand that if the system doesn't report a LS drive that the software doesn't install...

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I installed as admin as well. The problem is that my system doesn't see my drive as LightScribe anymore . I can understand that if the system doesn't report a LS drive that the software doesn't install...
    Erikjan,
    When you "look" at the Drive using "Devise Manager" or "Disk Manager" and also check "properties".... Whats it look like? If it shows up as a CD-DVD \ RW ,and still is working (other than the LS option) Perhaps that bit went south. Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    All looks normal there (and, as said, the drive works fine..except LS)

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    All looks normal there (and, as said, the drive works fine..except LS)
    ErikJan,
    Hello... I did some looking around on my OS " 7" \ 64 and i did not have LS installed ... I found the file in C:> hp>Drivers>LightScribe>EN_US>LSUpdate.htm . I clicked on it and Downloaded the file from the link... sp26468.exe I then ran it (after checking it out ) useing Acronis "Try&Decide" I now have "LightScribe".Try and find the same folder on your OS and download the LS Update...Maybe the "update" will repair the problem Regards Fred

PS: Also have a look in "system configuration" Startup and in Services and make sure the LS check boxes are "ticked on"
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-02-06 at 14:05.
    PlainFred