Thread: Soluto?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Soluto?

Anyone in here familiar with this yet? It appears to be a boot diagnostic of some kind. http://soluto.com/

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 1,054 Posts
    There have been several threads about it. It's an app that will monitor your computer's boot and will allow you to tweak so that boot time is reduced. Personally I tried it twice and ended up uninstalling it. Wasn't really problem free, too much to communicate with servers, several freezes...

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up soluto - recommended

I have been using Soluto for some time (about one year, or longer). It shows me which programs delay startup and lets me choose wht to do.
    It also "tells" me if a program stops and sometimes what the reason is and what the proper solution is.
    I fully recommend it.
    Download here and I swear that I have no connections whatsoever with softonic (the producers).
    laksi

Thanks
    I just find that I do not let any apps start with Windows and this ssolves the problem of apps slowing down my start ups. I have exactly 3 apps starting with Windows, my touchpag app, my AV/AM app and my S/W Firewall App. That's it. No other apps starting with Windows. Nothing else needs to start with Windows. If anything need to start, I click on it's exe and it startss quickly. When I'm done with it, I shut it down, done, period. I do not need one more app running at start up telling me what is slowing my start up down. How smart is that!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    I just find that I do not let any apps start with Windows and this ssolves the problem of apps slowing down my start ups. I have exactly 3 apps starting with Windows, my touchpag app, my AV/AM app and my S/W Firewall App. That's it. No other apps starting with Windows. Nothing else needs to start with Windows. If anything need to start, I click on it's exe and it startss quickly. When I'm done with it, I shut it down, done, period. I do not need one more app running at start up telling me what is slowing my start up down. How smart is that!
    Like any good beta it is getting better all the time: it will shorten start-ups, yes, but it will also recommend pruning your browser add-ons, and it will track and help solve crashes.

If you let it have a fair shot at improving your system and it does so, then you can then uninstall it and be ahead of the game. If you stick around it may one day really help you by identifying the source of a crash, for example.

If you spot something that you can personally offer a solution to or explanation for, then you can personally contribute to the devlopment of the software itself. And I confess, I did exactly that in the case of a crash that I had personally been having and had cured and then spotted among the problems that remained 'unsolved', which put me on their list of 'experts' or whatever it is. I am no expert, but I did happen to know the source of the very obscure problem that I had personally had was able to pinpoint with some software I had on one machine.

That is the extent of my acquaintance with the application (and the extent of my reward, I presume), but I do have it and use it. I guess at this stage, at least, it's a bit like Wikipedia (which had an entire entry rewritten when I pointed out that the wording of their conclusion was the opposite of what they intended). There are enough computer problems and contributions to make that I somehow cannot see Soluto EVER going commercial, but it is helpful and it is sort of fun if you can make a constructive contribution to it. If it does go commercial I'm going to ask for payment for my contribution.