2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PPT 2007 SLide Titles move off the slide

I have had problems with multiple slide decks recently where a slide title (seems random and usually only one slide at a time) will be shifted to the left almost completely off the slide. I can delete the text but can not shift the text box back to the slide. In each case I ended up having to recreate the slide.
    I am using PPT 2007 but the slide deck may be changed in PPT 2003 and sent back to me. Is there a known conversion problem with 2003 to 2007?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Working between 2003 and 2007 is usually painful but in this case i would check that in 2007 PC you have a LOCAL default printer driver and if you do that it's driver is up to date Sounds crazy i know but it matters!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    bvitter,

What happens when you reset the slide layout? There's a button just by the Insert Slide button on the ribbon called Reset, which sets that slide back to the default layout it's based on (You can also right click the image of the slide in the left hand side of the screen and choose Reset from there).

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am working on a enterprise networked laptop so I have no control over printer drivers but I believe the PP 2003 system is not networked so the difference in printer drivers could be an issue.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem apparently solved

The slide layout used to create this deck was setup with a title box that extended into the main slide body. It appears that the problem occurs when an object (like a Visio chart or PDF) is inserted in the body of the slide and the graphic overlaps the title box. Shrinking the title box appeared to clear up the title sliding to the left problem, at least for this slide.