New Lounger
    Thanks

HDMI output from HP Notebook suddenly stops

I have routinely been displaying my computer on my Sony Bravia for some months now but suddenly, the TV says it is not receiving a signal. I have my display set to extend the desktop display with the recommended resolution and still, nothing. My notebook appears to sense that the HDMI cable is connected to the Sony TV, but nothing... I downgraded the resolution and got a perfect picture that was roughly the same size as my 17" computer screen so it seems that there is some connection. I have tried higher resolutions but the TV still does not get anything.

Some other facts:
    I have attempted this on other televisions with other cables. Results are the same.
    I have rebooted and reset things on my nVidia 8600M GS graphics control panel.

Any suggestions of things to try would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigotter View Post
    I have routinely been displaying my computer on my Sony Bravia for some months now but suddenly, the TV says it is not receiving a signal. I have my display set to extend the desktop display with the recommended resolution and still, nothing.

Any suggestions of things to try would be greatly appreciated.
    Bigotter,
    Hello.... I also use my TV through the "HDMI" port , and use NVIDA as well . When you right click on "verify your display configuration" how is it set? Mine is set "Duplicate Displays" (use BLAH Blah as primary clone) and the resolution is set for my PC. Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)