Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Moving photos from phone to computer

I have a samsung galaxy s phone and want to move the photos from it to my PC.
    I read something about undocking the sd card but still don't know how to move the photos to the PC.
    Any help is much appreciated!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The Galaxy S is an Android phone. It should have come with a USB cable (my HTC EVO did). Connect the phone to the PC using the cable. The phone might ask you how you want to connect (on my phone the options are power charge only, sync mode, debug mode and disk drive mode), choose disk drive mode. After a few seconds a new drive letter should show up. The photos should by in the DCIM directory, use Explorer to drag then to your PC.

If you have just a photo or two, I have found that using DropBox very handy for moving photos.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phildcat View Post
    I read something about undocking the sd card but still don't know how to move the photos to the PC.
    It is possible to connect a micro-USB card to a PC, typically by inserting it into an SD adapter and then putting that in a card reader. Because there is some risk of damaging the little thing in this process, using USB probably is a better solution.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My HTC EVO has a microSD card. It is behind the battery. So to extract it, I have to first power down the phone then pop of the back, pop out the battery, extricate the microSD crad (easier said than done, my fingers are too big to grab it so I have to use tweezers). I then plug the microSD card into a microSD-to-SD adapter (I bought a microSD card separately and it came with the adapter - my phone did not come with such an adapter) and then the adapter into the SD slot on my laptop or monitor. A lot of work to go thru, so USB connect or DropBox is much easier.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    USB is probably the easiest, removing SD card and putting it into the adapter (a microSD card is usually sold along with the adapter) is also viable but perhaps a little fiddly. Depending on your setup and the number of photos, one other possibility is Bluetooth.

Graham

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a samsung galaxy s phone and want to move the photos from it to my PC.
    Any help is much appreciated!
    I have a different Samsung phone (not as smart as yours), and the camera can be set to either save the photos to the Phone memory or to the SD card memory.

You'll probably find that when you attach the USB cable, only the SD card memory is available to view on your PC. If this is the case, you need to move (or copy) the photos to the memory card first. There should be a 'Files' icon on the phone to let you do this.

3 Star Lounger
    Sydney, Australia, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks
    I find it much easier to send the files from my phone to the computer by Bluetooth. You'll need bluetooth on the computer - some laptops have this, or you can buy a USB Bluetooth adapter for not much $ (I think I paid $20 three years ago). Start the Bluetooth app on the computer and choose "Receive files' and then on the phone pick the image and choose send - via bluetooth (my phone's a Nokia but I'm sure yours would have it too). I use Win7, but I know even XP supports Bluetooth devices.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to peterl For This Useful Post:

glendad (2013-08-03)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you have a Gmail account just "share" your photo's to Picasa. This way you can access them from your computer and your phone (using Gallery) and you'll have an offsite backup. Using a WiFi connection you can upload all the photo's in just minutes. I have an Epic do it all the time. Although this will be my last Samsung Phone. I've been waiting since August for Android 2.2 (Froyo) They won't give us the update but yet they sell the new phones with it.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Many excellent suggestions above.
    Especially like the share your photos with picasa.
    Another option is you can attach the photos to an email and send it to your self.
    Then open the emails on your computer and you can save them there.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks to all who replied.
    When I hook my phone up to PC with USB all it does is charge the phone?

Thanks
    Many thanks to all who replied.
    Did Samsung supply any software with the phone, or do they offer a downloadable sync program? While you should be able to access your SD card as a mass storage device, a sync program might offer other benefits, as well as supplying any necessary drivers.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use bluetooth, and I have no problems.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jeanpierre For This Useful Post:

glendad (2013-08-03)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    On your phone look under Setting " Connect To PC and make sure that the Ask Me checkbox is checked. If that is not checked, then only the Default Connection Type (which I assume you have set to "Charge Only") will be used.

Lounger
    Thanks

App: "Sweet Home"

Quote Originally Posted by cafed00d View Post
    On your phone look under Setting " Connect To PC and make sure that the Ask Me checkbox is checked. If that is not checked, then only the Default Connection Type (which I assume you have set to "Charge Only") will be used.
    I found a wonder app called "sweet home", which automatically uploads photos to my network drive as soon as the phone connects to my home wireless.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...soft.sweethome

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You can use Moborobo Smartphone manager that lets you to transfer your entire android device to your computer.

Moborobo Features:

-Synchronize your data from your android device to computer effortlessly.
    -Backup & restore data from your android device to PC and transfer contacts from android to iPhone.
    -Download, install, and update apps using the App manager with a single click.
    -Send, receive and organize your SMS on your PC with PC keyboard.

Resource: http://www.theandroidportal.com/mobo...ne-pc-manager/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast