Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phildcat View Post
    I have a samsung galaxy s phone and want to move the photos from it to my PC.
    I read something about undocking the sd card but still don't know how to move the photos to the PC.
    Any help is much appreciated!
    Plug your phone usb into your computer and drag down to expand that top bar thing. It has to ask you if you want to `mount` your phone to the computer. Choose 'Mount' then when you go to your computer, it should look like an external usb device and you can try going to computer/Removable disk/DCIM/Camera to see your photos from iPhone.
    Last edited by sunmykim; 2013-03-06 at 20:59.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    When i read an article about how to recover deleted pictures from iPhone, i learn that this is also a way that removing photos from to computer.

Thanks
    I'm using a Windows 8 phone and my photos automatically upload to my SkyDrive. No need for USB connection, no app manager. easy as 1 2 3.
    Open up the Desktop SkyDrive app or SkyDrive itself and all of the photos are there
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Phil,

Since you have A Galaxy you need either Samsung Kies (hardwire downloadable PC App) or Kies Air (Wi-Fi Phone App) both are free and the latter should be on your phone already look in applications. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Connecting a USB cable from phone to PC is an easy way to move photos. There is also an app called Wifi File Explorer - you can transfer files via wifi from one device to another - that might be something to consider...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks again to all

Thanks
    I think I can help here. If you use your card. Look at the top of the Android screen where you will see an icon showing the USB. Slide your finger down so you see USB connection and press. Change it to Windows Media Sync. Click OK. If you don't want anything to happen, change it back to Charge Only when you are through.
    If you can't make it, try to follow this guide: How to Transfer Photos from Android to Computer
    Last edited by LarryYork; 2014-04-15 at 02:05.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You could also send them as an attachment in an email to yourself from your Sprint HTC Hero. Then you could download them onto your computer from the email.

Of course, I would only do this if I was sending a couple pictures. The way outlined above using the USB cable is more efficient for large quantities of pictures. More detail:
    http://www.android-recovery.net/tran...-computer.html

Thanks
    When you plug the phone to the computer via a USB cable, open up File Manager, and then see if a new folder has appeared in the list. It may be your phone. If so, then you can open that folder, find the pics, then simply drag them to another folder on the computer.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am really glad that you shared this post. I am really looking for this information. Thanks for sharing this. New Phones Coming Out Great Share.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Galaxy S4 and all you have to do is plug the micro-USB cord into your phone first then plug the USB connection into your PC USB 2.0 connection. Your phone is seen as a storage device.
    Here are the instructions from the manual:
    " Connecting as a Storage Device
    You can connect your device to a PC as a removable disk and
    access the file directory. If you insert a memory card in the
    device, you can also access the files directory from the
    memory card by using the device as a memory card reader.
    Note: The file directory of the memory card displays as a
    removable disk, separate from the internal memory.
    1. Connect the USB cable to the device and connect the
    cable to the computer. After a few seconds, a pop-up
    window displays on the PC when connected.
    2. On the PC pop-up, click Open device to view files.
    3. Copy files from the PC to the memory card. "
    You do not have to have KIES to access your phone on a PC. KIES is a Samsung program that will save all the settings etc. on your phone to your PC in case you have to factory reset your phone.
    If your phone won't connect by the USB cable then you have a problem with either your phone or your PC or the cable itself. Do other USB devices connect ok to your PC?
    Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12