2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

On Format in a Report

I am continuing to work on a report with several subreports. See Attachment

I have tried to add some more code to the On Format option in the Detail section.

I setup a second If-Then statement for field "Activity 1" that would make a subreport "subrptSpeedAdvantage" visible if one of two conditions is met. That code works great.

I then tried to add similiar code for field "Activity 2 and Activity 3 but that seems to cancel out my original Activity1 "subrptSpeedAdvantage" code.

I can't figure out why or how else to code it. Several variations have also not worked.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I can't see anyhthing wrong. The code looks OK to me.

Can you point me to a person where the report has the wrong things visible..maybe I am missing something.

At the moment Activity1 is the only activity where "Speed Advantage Training.... " is being tested for. Is that what you want?
    Regards
    John

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think I understand the issue now.

If you had this code:
    Code:
    If Me.Activity1 = "Speed Advantage Training 10 or less Sessions" Or Me.Activity1 = "Speed Advantage Training 11-14 Sessions" Then
        Me.subrptSpeedAdvantage.Visible = True
    Else
        Me.subrptSpeedAdvantage.Visible = False

End If

If Me.Activity2 = "Speed Advantage Training 10 or less Sessions" Or Me.Activity2 = "Speed Advantage Training 11-14 Sessions" Then
    Else

End If

If Me.Activity3 = "Speed Advantage Training 10 or less Sessions" Or Me.Activity3 = "Speed Advantage Training 11-14 Sessions" Then
    Else

End If
    You would have 3 separate If Then tests setting the visible propery of Me.subrptSpeedAdvantage.

In that case the last test always wins. The first two If Then statements become irrelevant.
    So you need to combine all the tests into a single If Then test.

You could have

Code:
    If Me.Activity1 = "Speed Advantage Training 10 or less Sessions" Or  Me.Activity1 = "Speed Advantage Training 11-14 Sessions" Then
    elseIf Me.Activity12 = "Speed Advantage Training 10 or less Sessions" Or  Me.Activity2 = "Speed Advantage Training 11-14 Sessions" Then
    elseIf Me.Activity3 = "Speed Advantage Training 10 or less Sessions" Or  Me.Activity3 = "Speed Advantage Training 11-14 Sessions" Then
    Else

End If
    or

Code:
     If Me.Activity1 = "Speed Advantage Training 10 or less Sessions" Or  Me.Activity1 = "Speed Advantage Training 11-14 Sessions" or  Me.Activity12 = "Speed Advantage Training 10 or less Sessions" Or  Me.Activity2 = "Speed Advantage Training 11-14 Sessions" or  Me.Activity3 = "Speed Advantage Training 10 or less Sessions" Or  Me.Activity3 = "Speed Advantage Training 11-14 Sessions" Then
     Else

End If
    Regards
    John