New Lounger
    Thanks

Wndows 7 starting: Takes much time!

My windows operating system is not working properly. It's taking too much time to start. Sometime, after starting, internet connection isn't being connected. After restarting PC it connects. Sometimes, after starting PC, a message shows that the windows wasn't shut down properly. Then some options come i.e. "Start windows normally" and so on. After pressing 'Enter' it starts. Why all these occurring?
    Please give me the solution.

As my PC is taking too much time for getting started, it has now also taking a long time to shut down as well. It’s quite annoying to watch “windows is shutting down” for a long time. Whats the problem with my PC? Any help will be useful for me.

I’m having a problem with my pen drive too. It is, sometimes when I try to bring out my Pen drive manually (by clicking on the icon and then by clicking on “eject the device”), it says that this device cann’t be removed, it is using by the system… etc.
    So, I’m wondering why this is occurring? Any solution? Thanks in advance.

N.B. I use Windows-7 as Operating System, Mozilla Firefox as browser and Panda Cloud Antivirus as antivirus.

And even some days ago a starting Tone was tuned when I started my computer. But for some days it isn't happening. I cann't understand what is happening!!!
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2011-02-07 at 16:10. Reason: Multiple postings

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    In Control Panel -> Performance and Information Tools -> Advanced Tools, check to see if there are performance issues reported.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your help, but I didn't find such kind of option in control panel. Would you kindly elaborate the steps?

Thanks
    The control panel applet Ruirib fererred to is actually Performance Information and Tools. Once the applet is opened, click on the Advanced tools link on the left.

Jerry

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    The control panel applet Ruirib fererred to is actually Performance Information and Tools. Once the applet is opened, click on the Advanced tools link on the left.

Jerry
    Exactly, thanks .

Thanks

Check Startup Apps

You may have too many apps starting with windows in the background, and each of these apps need to shut down. It seems that any app you install automatically want to load at startup, which just is not practical. Use an app such as What's In Startup to see what is starting and to disable or delete un-needed apps. (scroll down the web site a ways to download) As an example I only have 4 apps starting:

WhatsInStartup.jpg

Most of the apps do not need to start, Adobe and Java like to add startups as do Office (all versions) and most others. The only apps I have starting are my AV/AM (MSE) an app to help control Windows Firewall, my touchpad app (laptop, appoint) and an app to allow me to text through my Blackberry from my PC. That's it. My startup and shutdown times are very nice.
    Last edited by Medico; 2011-02-07 at 19:52.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ted,

Sorry to go off topic, but you have intrigued me. What is the name of this app and where may I find it? I would LOVE to be able to text looking at my 24" monitor rather than my 2" Blackberry screen! My eyes just ain't what they used to be, and what a pleasure that would be! Thanks in advance.
    Joel

Thanks
    The app is Blurts Pro by MLH Software. The cost is $5.99. I use the latest version 2.0.0.11 You have to download to your Blackberry (Go directly to the web site from your Blackberry to download to the Blackberry) then download to your PC.
    BlurtsPro.jpg
    Main Taskbar Shot

BlurtsPro1.jpg
    Main Window

BlurtsPro2.jpg
    Text Window

BlurtsPro3.jpg
    Contacts Imported from Blackberry

I use the app a lot. Try it out.

Also very sorry to have gone off topic. If a moderator feels this question and answer should go elsewhere, by all means, please move them.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy