Star Lounger
    Thanks

Saving screen resolution for users

I've got a standalone installation of Win2000 Pro and have a few users set up to log in. However, I can't get the screen resolution to hold for each user if they want to have a different one from the person before. In Win98 the resolution would hold as part of the local profile, but if I change it to say 800x600 and then the next user sets it back to 640x480, it then stays that way and has to be changed the next time?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Saving screen resolution for users

I've never found a way to work around this. I believe this was an unfortunate design decision on Microsoft's part. Unless some other reader here has discovered a third-party app or solution to the problem, I think you may be stuck....

For the record, I make sure that QuickRes is down in the system tray so that changing resolutions can be done simply. But not automatically, shame. [img]/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif[/img]
    -Mark

Thanks

There's nothing in the Accessibility setup that is stored in the profile, is there?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your ideas. Now I know that Win2K doesn't have the facility built in, I've used Multires to do what I want. This works very well and can give me the required resolution by putting in the appropriate shortcut in each user's startup folder.

Example...

Multires.exe /800,600,24 or mulitres.exe /1024,768,16

More details at...
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.entechtaiwan.com/multires.htm>http://www.entechtaiwan.com/multires.htm</A>

cheers,

Ian