New Lounger
    Thanks

LastPass Does Not Work Here

LastPass does not work here. Please correct this. It's really not an option, is it? That is if you expect us to remember all these bazillions of cryptic passwords. And I, for one, pretty much hate having to go through a password reset EVERY time I come here.

Thanks
    Last Pass works fine for me in this forum, both with IE 9 beta and Chrome 10 beta.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djMot View Post
    LastPass does not work here. Please correct this. It's really not an option, is it? That is if you expect us to remember all these bazillions of cryptic passwords.
    I don't know anything about LastPass and vBulletin, but... Why not make an exception to your regular cookie-clearing policy for windowssecrets.com? Then you should be logged in automatically.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    @djMot - Lastpass is working for me on Win7 & Firefox 3.6.13 on this & other VBull boards.

I have it set up to fill in the user name & password but I click the Log In button, and I always log out of bulletin boards/forums etc.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    After deleting the saved password settings for this Forum, LastPass was able to recognize the login form and save the password successfully. Perhaps it was the switch to vBulletin that confused it, and I hadn't realized that switch had occurred.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Lastpass is working fine for me on W7U/Firefox 3.6.13. Although, I always seem to have to manually click 'Autofill'.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using Firefox 6.01 (supposedly the newest version) . Last Pass will work with W S log in page, but I have to click in the box I want it to fill in. I tried manually typing in my password to see if this would fix the log in problem, but the new site would not accept the user name / password combo when I typed it, but will accept it when Last Pass auto fills the same password. Kind of strange, but I am able to log in.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yep, this site hates LastPass...

Yes, for being supposed web experts, they do put up one clunky site. For me, the troubles seem to start by following internal links within the site to other parts of the site, like from newsletter to lounge or reverse. I have to sign into the newsletter, then I have to sign into the lounge, even though hosted from the same domain. Come on guys! LastPass rarely, if ever, works. I am left looking at "Waiting for windowssecrets.com" till the cows come home. When I completely quit the site by going to Google, search for windowssecrets, and come in the approved front door, suddenly everything works. It would appear that the "front door" entry is all that's tested here. Of course, latest rev. of all software, no fix.
    Last edited by Bob Spafford; 2011-09-23 at 23:44. Reason: error

Thanks
    Bob, Last Pass works every time for me. Yes there is a separate log in for the newsletter and the Lounge, they are 2 separate sites. An individual may subscribe to the newsletter but not the Lounge and vice versa. The only problem I have with Last Pass and the Lounge is I have to choose to manually fill in my log in credentials, it is not done automatically. Just a very simple thing to do.

I can use Last Pass from any PC I want to log into my saved sites without having the browser plug in installed on the particular PC I'm using. In this day of security concerns and different, complex passwords, this is a godsend to me. I don't have to remember all these dozens, if not hundreds, of different passwords. I just have to remember one Master Password to get Last Pass to sign on, then it does the rest.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy