5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Work menu - aphabetize

Has anyone found a way to alphabetize the Work Menu (Word 2003). Thank you.

Thanks
    Hi acerfmayer,

I don't personally use the Work menu, but from what I've seen and read, there isn't a way to re-order it -- the documents remain in the list in the order you add them. This is the same functionality as the MRU list with the exception that you manually add files to the Work list. I suppose if you added them alphabetically...? But of course that would not be practical.

This same functionality exists in Word 2007 and 2010 in that you can "pin" a document to the Most Recently Used list. In 2007, the pinned documents accumulate at the bottom of the list in the order in which you pinned them. In 2010, they appear at the top of the list... again in the order in which they were pinned.

Unless someone else has better acquaintance with the feature and has some vba to sort and then display...? It might even be possible to write code to completely replace the Work Menu with custom automation. But I daresay many people don't even know about the Work Menu.

Best, Kim

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you, Kim. I've searched the 'Net for any indication that this can be done and have not found a way to do it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The Work menu entries may be held in the registry so if you do a search there (using regedit) then you may find the entries and how they are formatted. You can then create a macro to read the entries from the registry and then rewrite in the alphabetical order.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia