Star Lounger
    Thanks

Software for my Brother MFC Scanner/Printer

I think I may be in the wrong place, I hope someone will move this if that's the case.
    I have a Dell Studio XPS 8100 8GB Ram 1.5TB hdd win 7 home and premium 64bit. I had a Scanner in XP it was HP 3500c. There were no drivers for it for win7 for a couple of months so I moved it to my office to an XP machine and tried to find a flatbed scanner. No luck, I had to buy a copy/fax/printer/scanner which I connnected wireless to my system, so far so good. All works as advertised. Now my problem is I HATE the PaperPort software that came with it, and the Brother "Creative Center" program for launching scans and so forth. I would just love to hear some suggestions or recommendations for what to replace them with. How about the HP Director that I used with the HP Scanner? I have office 2010 is the picture and fax manager viable? (I don't think so) Thanks so much for your help, as always.

Joel

Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This looks really interesting, I'm going to download it tomorrow and try it out. If it's good, I will dump the paperport and the creative center which look like "kiddie toy" programs, and I just HATE THEM. things like this make me long for the days of the command line! (not really, but you know what I mean!)

thanks very much, appreciate your suggestion!
    Joel

Thanks
    No Problem...
    I haven't used it myself but wish I knew about it before I bought a new scanner because my Visioneer scanner wouldn't work with XP.

I may d/l it and try it and see if it works on my old visioneeer...

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

My old HP ScanJet 6300C didn't get any Win7 64-bit driver update as of yet anyway, but it works quite happily with VueScan. It's also been an easy one to configure to suit my needs.

Lounger
    Thanks
    In addition to Hamrick's VueScan there is also a program named Scanitto that is pretty good. I've used both and each has it's good points and either one will get the job done for you