New Lounger
    Thanks

PERSONAL.XLSB fails to open

Once in a while, when I try to open an Excel file by double clicking on it, and Excel isn't already running, Excel will crash with an error that it failed to open personal.xlsb, and wants to disable it. It then wants to send an error report to Microsoft. If I click on "No" don't disable it, then it gets into a loop where I keep getting the error message as long as I keep selecting "No". As soon as I select "Yes", disable personal.xlsb, then Excel opens.

I then have to go into settings, re-enable personal.xlsb, close and reopen Excel and all is fine.

I have a lot of macros in my personal.xlsb and have tried recreating the file by renaming it, then letting Excel create a new one for me by recording a simple macro, then copying all of my macros from the old one to the new one. This didn't solve the problem.

I'm running Office 2007 on XP SP3.

Any ideas?

Scott

Thanks
    Do you have any other add-ins running? In my experience the error is often down to another add-in, not the file the message blames.
    Having said that, does your Personal.xlsb contain any Workbook_Open or Auto_Open code? Does it compile? Are any of its modules around (or over) 64KB when exported?
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have several add-ons that load at start-up, I'll inactivate them one at a time to see if any of them make a difference. I suspect it's one that I created that gives me my own custom Ribbon tab. I'll come back in a couple of days and let everyone know.