New Lounger
    Thanks

How to run this from a bookmark???

Evening all!

I have a problem that I have spent all day trying to solve. I found this useful "date sequencer" courtesy of Greg Maxey. (hope that's right). It's got all the bells and whistles to add a manual, time date, and make the tea!

Trouble for me is it comes with a toolbar. I want it to be called from a bookmark.

To have it working basically as a pop calendar, the bookmarked text form field calls it up, you put in what you need to, it overwrites existing input (the same as a popcal) and you then close it.

I know its to do with inserting the bookmark name into the vba code but there seems so much of it, I got a bit lost!

Don't get me wrong, I, with no real vba experience, have spent all day trying to do it and I have managed to be able to call the calendar, but once I give it a date and press "OK" I get an error.

I cannot find anywhere a popcal with an option to input your own time, handy if you want to put a previous time in.

If someone can have a look and tell where that elusive bookmark goes in the code, I would be a very very happy man!

I have uploaded the original, there was no real point in sending in an example because if someone knew how to bookmark and run it, it would be job done.

I will be up for a couple of hours so I will look out for replies.

Here's hoping......

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Would help if I uploaded it!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    When opening through the converter in Word 2003, I seem to lose all the macros.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi jscher2000,

Apologies for that. It was my end. Trouble is the original is a .dot and I was prevented from uploading it.

Here is another, and I have checked it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The attached dotx format is used to save a document without macros. This means we have nothing to look at in your attached file.

You can load the original dot file (\Desktop\SEG FEB 2011\Date Sequencer(11.0).dot) simply by renaming the file extension or perhaps zipping it first.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Andrew,

Here is the original zipped. (Why didn't I think of that?)

What a start! Two useless attachments!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    George,

That attachment worked fine - we can now see the .dot with macros (which do appear to be by Greg Maxey). But to help focus in on the problem you're having applying these tools, can you also attach your own document, where you have the formfield that calls this code, and the bookmark you're trying to save the result to? - it might be that just a quick fix is needed, but hard to figure out without seeing your application of it.

Gary