Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Cool

More important than anything with IE 9 RC is that now all of the games, Backgammon to be precise, work again while they didn't in IE 9 Beta!!! LOL
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jplgrp0315 View Post
    I need help. Win 7 Home Pro, 64 bit.downloaded it and Adobe Acrobat crashes, iTunes has to be re-installed every 2nd use, RoboForm crashes, GoodSynch crashes, Mozy Home won't work. How do I uninstall it or does anyone have any thoughts? Words can barely express how frustrated I am. tia
    Control Panel, Programs and Features, View Installed Updates, find IE9RC under Windows and uninstall. When you uninstall, will revert back to IE8 or whatever version you had installed. As mentioned in other posts, the RC is not the final version and as such is still a beta. Although most of us have had great success with IE 9 RC, there is still the fact that MS can not test against all combinations of hardware and software that we all use.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jplgrp0315 View Post
    I need help. Win 7 Home Pro, 64 bit.downloaded it and Adobe Acrobat crashes, iTunes has to be re-installed every 2nd use, RoboForm crashes, GoodSynch crashes, Mozy Home won't work. How do I uninstall it or does anyone have any thoughts? Words can barely express how frustrated I am. tia
    If you decide to uninstall IE9 RC, I'd suggest you do a complete malware scan also. I'm running Acrobat Reader 10.0.1 & Roboform 7.2.3 just fine with IE9 RC. It seems as though you've got some other issue either a malware problem or a hardware problem.

Joe

Thanks
    I agree with Joe. IE 9 RC is running just fine with many different installed apps on my PC. I have Adobe Reader X (latest version) although I use Last Pass instead of Roboform. I would very much suspect malware or other nasty.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. My laptop came installed with both 32 and 64 bit versions of Internet Explorer, and both worked just fine. That is until I installed IE 9. The 32 bit version would not work. But IE 9 Beta worked better than IE 9 RC. With IE 9 RC, I am having problems with other software on my machine that normally worked flawlessly. I uninstall IE 9 and revert back to IE 8 these programs work just fine. Also, it seems even though I uninstall IE 9 and revert back to IE 8 32 bit still does not work. 32 bit Firefox and Chrome work just fine. The only version that will work now is IE 8 64 bit. With it I am unable to view some web pages and installing that adobe "square" or whatever it is does not help. I have been to windows forums and tried everything under the sun suggested there. I have ran anti-spyware and anti-virus programs, updates, reconfigured IE 9 as suggested there, nothing works. I need a 32 bit browser that works. I am not in love with FF or Chrome, but I am forced to use one or the other. I choose Chrome. The lounge is the only place on the net I have found people who are NOT having problems with IE 9 RC.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rambinrick View Post
    I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. My laptop came installed with both 32 and 64 bit versions of Internet Explorer, and both worked just fine. That is until I installed IE 9. The 32 bit version would not work. But IE 9 Beta worked better than IE 9 RC. With IE 9 RC, I am having problems with other software on my machine that normally worked flawlessly. I uninstall IE 9 and revert back to IE 8 these programs work just fine. Also, it seems even though I uninstall IE 9 and revert back to IE 8 32 bit still does not work. 32 bit Firefox and Chrome work just fine. The only version that will work now is IE 8 64 bit. With it I am unable to view some web pages and installing that adobe "square" or whatever it is does not help. I have been to windows forums and tried everything under the sun suggested there. I have ran anti-spyware and anti-virus programs, updates, reconfigured IE 9 as suggested there, nothing works. I need a 32 bit browser that works. I am not in love with FF or Chrome, but I am forced to use one or the other. I choose Chrome. The lounge is the only place on the net I have found people who are NOT having problems with IE 9 RC.
    What do you mean does not work? Crashes? Unable to connect? Improper rendering?

Have you tried using Internet Options and resetting IE8 defaults?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    IE 32 bit 8 or 9 will not run on my machine. IE 8 32 bit used to, until I installed IE 9. Now, only 64 bit IE 8 or 9 is the IE that will work. Bel Arc advisor will not work with 64 bit. J River media Center will not work at all with IE 9 installed. These are only 2 examples. I have updated video drivers, reset defaults, ran without addons, checked out the improper rendering. It will not work. For me personally, IE 9 is a piece of crap and has caused me a LOT more problems than it is worth.

Thanks
    When you uninstall IE 9 RC it brings IE 8 back. When you install IE 9 RC 64 Bit, it actually installs both 32 Bit and 64 Bit, the same as the default IE 8 in Win 7. If you have correctly uninstalled IE 9 RC (through Control Panel, Programs and Features, View all installed updates, and choose IE 9 RC) you should now have the default IE 8 both 32 Bit and 64 Bit. Check in the Start orb, All programs you should see both Internet Explorer (64 Bit) and Internet Explorer. The second is the 32 Bit edition.

Please remember that all beta software IE 9 beta, IE 9 RC, etc is just that, beta software. It is not the Final Released app. No one recommends installing a beta app on a necessary PC that needs to work. This beta software should be used only on experimental PC's to work out the bugs.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes Ted,

I have done everything correctly. I have uninstalled IE 9 RC through control panel as you stated. The problem is, after installing IE 9 and uninstalling it correctly, IE 32 bit has quit working on my machine. It doesn't matter if it is IE 8 or IE 9. IE 8 32 bit worked fine before I installed IE 9. Now, that I have correctly uninstalled IE 9 IE 8 32 bit still does not work. There are no error messages, no shutdowns, nothing. When I click on IE 8 32 bit nothing happens. I really don't care about IE, but there are other programs that fail to work or work improperly, since IE 32 bit has quit working. I'm sticking with Chrome.

Thanks
    Have you attempted to reinstall IE8 directly from MS. It does appear something has gottem corrupted. Perhaps downloading and reinstalling IE8 will help
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Administrator
    Thanks
    Try running sfc /scannow.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Joe and Ted,

I ran sfc /scannow and it found no problems. I uninstalled IE 8, downloaded from Microsoft and tried to reinstall. It told me IE was not supported on this system. That's puzzling. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. BOTH 32 bit and 64 bit ran flawlessly until I installed IE 9 RC. IE 9 beta had fewer problems than RC. IE 8 64 bit will run and IE 9 RC 64 bit will run, but 32 bit of both versions will not. I need 32 bit to run for several programs to run. Setting Firefox as my default browser has helped, because FF and Chrome 32 bit will run with no problems. I have no idea what went wrong, but I do know I did not have these problems until I installed IE 9 RC. All of my files are kept up to date on am external drive. I have no problem with a total recovery of my whole system. I just hate going through the process not sure that it will solve the problem.

Administrator
    Thanks
    IE8 is released as part of Windows 7. You can't uninstall it. The only way to reinstall is to do a repair install of Windows 7, also called an update in place.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe,

Yes, I realized I probably didn't really uninstall IE 8 by simply unchecking a box. What exactly do you mean repair install? doing a repair from the windows 7 install disc?

Thanks
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast