Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Printing problem with new Win7 PC

I have just got a new pc with windows 7 home premium. i loaded the drivers for my hp allinone c3180 printer. this went well and i was able to print a test page but can't print from office or any windows programs. the print job gets stuck in the printer queue and reports an error(nothing more specific). i have tried the hp and windows printer diagnostic tools which both state everything is working properly. i have stopped and restarted the printer spool ,deleted and reloaded the drivers ,tried the inbuilt windows drivers --all to no avail. Can some kind person please help.(i am a relative novice)?
    Thanks

Thanks
    stevenliv, Welcome to the new Lounge. Enjoy your stay.

You do not say whether your Win 7 installation is 32 Bit or 64 Bit. Be advised that the printer drivers must be the same Bitness as the OS. Perhaps this is where your problem lies.

How is the printer connected to the PC? I have a wireless multifunction printer/scan/copier on my home network. My desktop is connected through USB, but our laptops connect wirelessly. I had numerous problems until I connected the printer to the network router through an ethernet cable. Now I can connect wirelessly through the router.

I hope one of these suggestions help.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    stevenliv,
    Hello... Welcome to WS lounge. In "Control Panel" > "Devices and Printers" ...Is the HP c3180 set as "Default"? Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for speedy replies . The drivers and the os are both 64 bit, it is the default printer and it is connected by USB . Help please.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenliv View Post
    Thanks for speedy replies . The drivers and the os are both 64 bit, it is the default printer and it is connected by USB . Help please.
    stevenliv,
    Hello.... When you go into Control Panel> Devices and Printers >Right click on your HP printer> Select "Printer properties" >left click on your printer... there will be a screen "Hp blah blah series properties" with several "tabs"... go through them all to make sure all are set correctly Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Everything seems ok but still getting stuck in the printer queue

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    stevenliv,
    I only have one more thought at this point...Administrative Tools>System Configuration> Services...and also Startup.. Make sure that all things concerning HP ..Print spooler, etc. are all checked. You could also try un-checking and re booting and then start the print spooler again ...could be "jammed so to speak". Hopefully one of the "lounge Big dogs" will jump in here to the rescue. If i can think of anything else i will post back ...Regards Fred
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-02-11 at 09:25.
    PlainFred

Administrator
    Thanks
    Generally when installing a USB device you should start the software install without the device attached. During the install process it will request that you attach the device. Is this the method you used?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes idid do it that way

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Did you try going to the HP website? When I got my Window 7 system I was unable to use my printer also. In my case the solution HP gave, (which worked,) was to use paint. For me to use my printer, or scanner, I have to do it thru the paint program. In the upper left of the program is a drop down arrow with one of the options being "print."

New Lounger
    Thanks
    How do you print word docs that way?

Thanks
    In Word, when you click on File > Print, is your printer (as listed in Devices and Printers) shown as the default printer?
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    In Word, when you click on File > Print, is your printer (as listed in Devices and Printers) shown as the default printer?
    Yes it is. I also can,t print from paint

Thanks
    At this point, I would recommend that you use the free version of Revo Uninstaller (scroll to the bottom of the page for the download link for the free version) to completely uninstall your printer (including the registry entries, which Revo does exceptionally well), and then reinstall.

Before you reinstall, power off your printer and unplug the USB cable. Install the software and wait for the prompt to tell you to power up the printer and plug in the USB cable.
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Do you have an install CD for the printer, or did you download the drivers from their web page? Either way, I would as bb says run the revo uninstaller and completely uninstall it, that means really digging into the registry so be prepared. Then I would download the drivers right from HP's website and install them. You might even engage HP in an online chat session.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast