Thread: Auto refresh

Thanks

Auto refresh

This is a small irritation, but I would like to present it.

When I go to another forum (EL, those who have been there know what this is) and read a thread, I use the back button and the original thread is autorefreshed so that I do not have to F5 or refresh the browser. In the new Lounge this does not happen. I have to refresh the original pages to see the color change showing the thread has been read. Can this be changed so that the original pages will auto refresh. This will save me (and everyone else) another keystroke.

Like I said, a small irritation.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I noticed the same thing. Instead of using the back button, clicking on the forum link at the top of the page (Lounge Matters in this case seems to refresh. Its a real pain to get there with a long thred though.

Jerry

Thanks
    There are a couple of quick navigation links at the bottom of each page, maybe you haven't noticed them?

Thanks
    If you are talking about Previous Thread / Next Thread, these do not do what I wish to do. I do not wish to go to the previous thread ot next thread , but back to the main forum page. In the old Lounge when I used my browser back button to return to the previous page (usually the main forum page) the page was auto refreshed for me. Now it is not in the new Forum and I have to manually refresh. Yes I could scroll back to the top of the thread page and use the link at the top to go back, but this is more time consuming, especially in a thread with a lot of longer posts. I prefer the old method.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I click on "Today's Posts" or "New Posts" to see most recent posts.
    If you are logged in, it is "New Posts", otherwise it is "Today's Posts".

Thanks
    There is a trade-off between speed and freshness. When Firefox adopted more aggressive caching for back and forward starting in version 1.5, which I think had been pioneered earlier in Opera, developers often had to take some extra steps to force Firefox not to cache a page so it would be refreshed every time. I'm not sure whether it is something that could be fixed with a userscript solution or requires changes on the server. The latter could have a performance impact.

Thanks
    If you want to experiment with a script solution, check out Fixed Position Breadcrumbs for WSL vBulletin on userscripts.org. Tested in Chrome 9 and Firefox 3.6.

I figured the lower left corner was the least annoying place to have the box that reproduces the links for up-navigation. I also added an access key so if you prefer to use Alt+B to reload the current forum index, you can do that rather than clicking the link.

Well... lots of tweaks are possible.