New Lounger
    Thanks

HP all in one printer problem

My Hp psc 1275 all in one worked fine with win xp, but now with win 7 whenh I try to scan with Hp solution center I get the error message "the scanner software was launched with improper command-line arguments, and the error extended information was
    8, [(-1, 0,0 )]
    The printer and copier work fine.
    Does anyone have the answer to this one?
    Thanks
    Bob

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Doyle View Post
    My Hp psc 1275 all in one worked fine with win xp, but now with win 7 when I try to scan with Hp solution center I get the error message "the scanner software was launched with improper command-line arguments, and the error extended information was
    8, [(-1, 0,0 )]
    The printer and copier work fine.
    Bob ,
    Hello and welcome to the "lounge" HP Printer ( have an HP c7180) problems can be daunting . this might take some time and patience. I did some checking and there were a few links ...this one seemed somewhat promising http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer...02/td-p/247817 Also check your "scanner settings" when you run the " HP solution center" Regards Fred

PS: Just had a thought... When you "load the program " let HP install all ...i remember on mine that if i did not do this some functions would not work .There names were not all that obvious, so i didn't load some I.R.I.S. OCR thing and i could not scan either.
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-02-12 at 17:59.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Fred, I'll check it out.
    Bob

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Fred, I'll check it out.
    Bob
    Bob,
    One more thing ....Use HP to un-install ...then re-boot and re-install . Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice so far and it didn't work. Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow.
    Thanks Fred
    Bob

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice so far and it didn't work.
    Bob,
    Hello.. After thinking about the problem, i remembered what i had to do to get the scanner to work. As i recall it was the most difficult program to get to work after installing Windows 7. Ok lets give this a try.

1. First and most important ...Take a "Image" of your OS use Windows or the Free version of "Macrium Reflect" http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp

2. Use the HP un-installer to remove "all things HP" re-boot as prompted.

3. Run the HP "installer " again ( as Administrator )...Make sure that you have the printer "USB" un-plugged... and only connect when prompted to connect.

4. If you get the HP screen that says the welcome to HP, blah, blah,... good . If you get the screen that says "Welcome back" do you want to install more software ...not good. This is the screen that i would get and ended up "hosing" my OS trying to remove HP manually .This is why you need the Backup Image..

5. If all is well... you will be asked what things you want to install ... Just do them all. (you can remove some of the features later using HP itself.) I found that if i removed some like "Photosmart essential" or IRIS OCR the scanner wouldn't function. Post back and we will go from there, Regards Fred
    PlainFred

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred, HP has a new software for adding HP solution Center to Win 7. I uninstalled it so I could reinstall it, but I can't find the place on Hp.com to download it again. Do you know where it is?
    Bob

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Bob ,
    Had a look around ...HP results for psc 1275 turned up a short list of 1200 series driver downloads, and this other sitehttp://bstdownload.com/appdownload/h...series-driver/ .. don't know if this is the one you need. When i had my "problem " i could not find the "Exact Driver" for my c7180 , just for the 7100 series.. which did work eventually . Regards Fred
    PS : when you find the driver ... this time "save" it to somewhere on you PC.EX: folder named HP drivers ..etc.
    PlainFred

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have had problems with the software for my 7410 All-In-One and had to reinstall it over 20 times (no, this was not a typo). Each time I reinstalled it started by automatically uninstalling most of the original installation, but as seems to be more and more expected, left a lot of little artifacts in the registry that had to be rooted out line by line.

I don't think the uninstall step is optional, at least it hasn't been with any of my HP software or drivers for a number of years now.

New Lounger
    Thanks

HP Scanner Problem

I've read the posted replys and none mentioned if bob was using the latest software program from HP for his "All-in-one". Windows 7 has a list of drivers for HP Printers. I have a C7280 and loaded my driver from in Windows 7 and then installed the software listed as HP Solutions. The Win 7 driver let me use duplex printing along with other HP Solutions features.

MJ

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by captaink View Post
    I have had problems with the software for my 7410 All-In-One and had to reinstall it over 20 times (no, this was not a typo). Each time I reinstalled it started by automatically uninstalling most of the original installation, but as seems to be more and more expected, left a lot of little artifacts in the registry that had to be rooted out line by line.

I don't think the uninstall step is optional, at least it hasn't been with any of my HP software or drivers for a number of years now.
    This would be a great place to use a 3rd party uninstaller such as Revo Uninstaller. This app searches out leftover stuff. Also an app such as CCleaner might help to find this leftover stuff. Many apps chronically do not do a good job of uninstalling their apps.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Scanner problems with HP equipment, particularly under Win7, seem to be rampant, if the posts I see all over the net are any indication. After 3 months of working fine under Win 7, my Officejet6500 has suddenly quit scanning. I have had this HP unit for about 18 months, and had to get new software package for it when I replaced the desktop with a Win7 machine. That seemed to be fine for about 4 months, and suddenly it refuses to scan. In fact it locks everything up so that you have to use task manager to get out of it. Some say it is a registry problem.

I have searched the web for info, until my fingers are worn out, and everything I find relates to Vista and XP, and none of the suggestions work for me in Win7. Trying to reach HP support has become a joke. I have been using HP printers for years and have had good luck until now.

I have a wireless Epson in the other end of the house that I can use, but it is a PITA to do that, and the Epson doesn't do as nice a job as the HP.

BJ