3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Link to records from a graphic

I'm updating a system to Access 2010. This is a maintenance record system, with maintenance planned, in progress, and completed for a manufacturing plant. I was asked if it is possible to display a graphic of the machinery and let the user click a machine component to access records pertaining to that location - essentially filter by where the mouse clicks. I know you could map a graphic in FrontPage and assign hyperlinks to each area . . . but I don't know what to do in Access!

I welcome suggestions.

Thanks for your help!

Sanora

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, neither the Access Image control or the Access Bound Object Frame control provide you with mouse position coordinates in a usable fashion. I think your best bet - unless to want to resort to low-level system calls - is to look at an ActiveX Image control. We've used a number of controls from DBI Technologies with good success, but they don't seem to have an image control that does that either. There is a company called Chestysoft that appears to have an ActiveX control that does return mouse coordinates - http://www.chestysoft.com/ximage/default.asp - but I don't have any experience with the company or their controls. It won't be a trivial exercise, but I do think it is doable. Hope this helps.
    Wendell