Thanks
    I sometimes use Windows XP Pro, but recently I've noticed a small but annoying problem. Every time I log off manually - or if the computer locks the computer after a set period of time, the cursor disappears from the password box at the welcome screen. I know that if I type and hold Ctrl+Alt+Del twice it will solve the problem, but I was wondering if there was a better workaround. It seems strange that the computer would forget to allow me to log back in!

Thanks
    This link should help;http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837115/en-us I know what it reads about logging off,But this should solve your problem as well.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Thanks
    Thank you for the link chowur, but I forgot to mention that solution in my original post I downloaded and installed UPHClean, which is supposed to alter the registry by itself, and thus become transparent to the user. Unless there was a configuration step I forgot with this program, then I believe I ran it correctly. Unfortunately, even after downloading and installing UPHClean, I still experienced the same log in symptoms. The other help article listed is for log off problems, such as a process hanging, Windows taking a very long time to shut down, or crashing while shutting down. Thankfully, I have none of these issues; rather, I have a log in problem. Thank you again for your suggestion, and I will keep checking the 'net to see if I can find a solution.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Do you have SP-3 installed?

Joe

Thanks
    Yes Joe, it is the latest upgraded version of SP3 on my XP computer as we speak.