2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tabbed Documents in Word 10

Does Office 10 provide a tabbed document interface, a'la IE & Visual Studio.

Attachment shows Word 2007 + the ExtendOffice Document Tabs for Word add-in.

I'm moving to Office 10 in a few months if it has something similar I wont bother buying the add-in.

15-02-2011_80811 PM.jpg

Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Not in Word 2010. However, if you are upgrading to Windows 7 at the same time, when you have several documents open, hovering over the taskbar icon pops up a series of previews of the open documents (Aero Peak) and you can click on the appropriate preview box to make that the active document. Alternatively, you can right-click on the icon on the taskbar for a list of open documents (both open and recently opened documents any of which you can PIN to the list if required).

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks TerFar, that's what I figured.

I run a number other apps that implement a TDI. Some of them always put the tab bar at the top of the client window (e.g IE). Others give you a choice, in which case I always put it at the top. I've not come across any TDI apps that force you to have the tab bar at he bottom. My other TDI apps include Visual Studio, Notepad++, Firefox, IE and xPlorer2.

I'm running Win 7 but I personally find that the new task bar has too many features. I never used the QuickTask toolbar, but I love the new System Tray

When the 30 day trial of Office Tab expires and assuming it doesn't give me any problems then I'll buy it.

MS should implement the TDI they have in Visual Studio in Office.

cheers NW2222