New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2007 - Whole numbers displayed

I have imported figures to two decimal places from MS Excel 2007 into MS Word 2007. The figures in MS Word 2007 are now rounded to whole figures. Is there anything that needs to be changed in MS Word 2007 so that the figures appear to two decimal places please?

Thanks
    Are you linking/embedding the XLS data, or copying/pasting it (e.g., it turns into a native Word table)? Either way, the formatting you applied to the cells in Excel should carry over, but perhaps it is being overridden somehow.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

There are a few different ways to get figures from Excel into Word, so can you describe in more details the steps you're currently using? - that will help home in on the problem.

Gary

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am copying/pasting from MS Excel 2007into MS Word 2007 and it turns into a Word table. I agree that the formatting should be applied and it should be carried over but, as has been suggested, perhaps it is being over written somehow - in Word?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Hm, that is hard to reproduce. There are some settings under Word Options > Advanced > Cut, copy and paste - but none of them appear to cause numbers to truncate when pasted into Word.
    By the way, are the numbers simply being truncated, or are they truly being rounded?

Gary

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The numbers are being rounded which is rather strange. I am putting it down to one of those "quirks" that one gets from time to time with software!
    Many thanks for all who have responded - much appreciated.