Thanks

Field Highlighting in Word 2010

This is strange, but I do not recall Word highlighting (graying) a field that I have in a document -- a reference for a bibliography. They end up looking like the one below. It stays gray whether I hover over it or not.

Is this the way it should be, or is there something I inadvertently "toggled."

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    You can choose: always, selected, and never for field shading. Apparently you have set it to always. Check the Word options, wherever they are now, view or display category.

Thanks
    Jefferson:

You got me headed in the right direction. In the Help/Options, it shows:

Change the shaded background of fields

• Click the File tab.
    • Click Options.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Under Show document content, in the Field shading list, do one of the following:
      • To make fields stand out from the rest of the document content, select Always.
      • To make fields blend in seamlessly with the document content, select Never.
      • To make users of Word aware that they have clicked in a field, select When selected.

Note When the field shading option is set to When selected, the field displays a gray background when you click within the field. However, the gray shading does not indicate that the field is selected. When you select the field by double-clicking or dragging the mouse, highlighting that indicates selection is added to the gray shading.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"