New Lounger
    Thanks

Snipping Tools Printing

Has anyone figured a way to print the results of snipping without going through the Windows 7 steps? I recently decided to copy a list of Becky Waring's "A computer guide to Windows 7 keyboard shortcuts" and the results were, as usual, unsatisfactory. The process uses Windows Photo Viewer and it is here that my results are unacceptable. Instead of a one-to-one reproduction, my printed output with font enlargement shows the first 15 shortcuts filling the 11 inch length in the portrait mode. These results happen whether the "Fit picture to frame" is checked or unchecked.

I have been trying to solve the enlargement problem for some time and the long process that works is to use "Save as" to produce a file which becomes part of the Picture library. Then move or copy the file to Notepad or Workpad and print from there. In my estimation it is the Windows Photo Viewer that is the wrong choice for this process where I'm only interested in producing a file or printed text to be used as reference.

Thanks
    Rather than use the snipping tool might I make a couple of alternative suggestions?
    1. Cut and past it into Word then print.
    2. Install a PDF Printer like PrimoPDF {my favorite & free} then print the Selection a pdf file and use your pdf reader to print.
    3. Just select what you want and print the Selection directly to your printer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    RetiredGeek, ............ This is the second time that I have sent this response; apparently something went wrong earlier today and some parts of Windows Secrets were not working. Of course "alternative suggestions" are welcome but some parts of what followed in your reply have me confused. Assuming that I'm not using the Snipping Tool, then what does the "it" in your #1. sentence refer. Also, you are assuming that I'm using Word--not the case.

I did download PrimoPDF and another program, NitroPDF came along with PrimoPDF. I examined PrimoPDF and came to the conclusion that it didn't offer anything in the way it arrived to the print stage. The drag and drop part is interesting but similar to my moving the snipped file to Notepad or Wordpad. Thank you for your support.
    Last edited by derfsch; 2011-02-18 at 19:05.

Thanks
    Derfsch,

The "it" refereed to the selection you wanted to print. As for not using Word you can paste into any Windows word processor, e.g. Open Office Writer, Word Perfect, etc.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    If the selection you want to print is visible on your screen you could choose Prt Sc then paste this selection into paint to crop or modify, then save as a jpg or png and print that. I do this all the time for any attachment's I add to posts.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    After you capture whatever it is you are snipping, you can copy that by clicking on the icon to the right of the save icon, then paste to word or whatever and print from there. Pretty fast way to do it.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    RetiredGeek, tedshemyers, t8ntlikly, ................ Since I would prefer to continue using the Snipping Tool, t8ntlikly's reply comes closest to providing a solution to my original request and I'll use his method. Thank you each for your interest.
    Last edited by derfsch; 2011-02-19 at 14:10.

Thanks
    My favorite tool for this is www.Irfanview.com it will handle snips or grab screens directly, easy to crop and easy to print.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RussB View Post
    My favorite tool for this is www.Irfanview.com it will handle snips or grab screens directly, easy to crop and easy to print.
    I also like IrfanView very much and it is FREE!!! There are so many functions the software can perform.
    To see the screen capture options go to Options>Caption/Screenshot.
    Once you have the image, you can Edit to add arrows, circles,text boxes, etc., etc.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This not possible by default, but you can either use a workaround or install an alternative tool:

http://www.capture-screenshot.org/pr...snipping-tool/

The free tool is http://www.gutmannsoft.com/en/screen...nshot-lite.php

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    An example of what it is you are trying to snip would be very helpful; if it is selectable text that you can highlight, copy and paste into any marginal text program, then that by far would be the preferred method because you can then change font sizes and types to match your preference and page size requirements. Any screen capture of text is not going to be nearly as flexible but if there is no choice in what is being captured then it has to suffice but you will probably encounter many limitations.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    True. My above answer applies to graphical screenshots where graphical elements like windows and program screens need to visible. For text only notepad.exe may be used as the simplest option.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by derfsch View Post
    RetiredGeek, ............ This is the second time that I have sent this response; apparently something went wrong earlier today and some parts of Windows Secrets were not working. Of course "alternative suggestions" are welcome but some parts of what followed in your reply have me confused. Assuming that I'm not using the Snipping Tool, then what does the "it" in your #1. sentence refer. Also, you are assuming that I'm using Word--not the case.

I did download PrimoPDF and another program, NitroPDF came along with PrimoPDF. I examined PrimoPDF and came to the conclusion that it didn't offer anything in the way it arrived to the print stage. The drag and drop part is interesting but similar to my moving the snipped file to Notepad or Wordpad. Thank you for your support.
    Why would we assume you are not using the snipping tool when your heading clearly states you are
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.