Thanks

Question Update continuously offered

KB2393802 has been installed over a half dozen times according to Windows Update. I have installed and uninstalled many more times. I have used Windows Update and Manual Download to acquire the Update. I have followed Microsoft's KB article to stop continuous offering of the same Update and have arrived at the last-resort step of phoning MS for help.

Does anyone know of any location where the update is hiding on my computer so that I can remove it? I hate calling MS because they always go thru the steps I already have followed and treat me as a moron. Going on-line for help results in an answer that has nothing to do with my particular problem, and is usually a copied reply to someone else's vaguely similar problem.

Can anybody help me???

Thanks
    Read through this Microsoft Windows Forum posting. Several ideas are given. Maybe one will work for you.

Jerry

Thanks
    I read the post and tried the suggestion. Since my computer is home built, I have no oem files that a name-brand builder would install. Nevertheless, I attempted to use the /o fix in Run, but Windows said that the file did not exist. I attempted the uninstall .exe under the KB in the Windows folder, but after a long attempt to execute, it said that it was invalid. I tried both methods in Safe Mode, again no joy. Aside from spending several hours with Microsoft going over all the things I have previously done, does anyone else have any more suggestions?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Thanks
    Been there, done that. Looks like I will have to call Microsoft!!!