New Lounger
    Thanks

Cant access my share

Really hope someone can help. I have a windows 2003 domain server with a number of computers that log into it.

One of the computers have an odd problem. Any user can log into the domain from that computer. Each user have a personal shared folder that is mapped to the z: drive. Problem is that when they click on the folder it says "the operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator. Which is me ;-) I can however go to RUN and enter the network sharename eg. \\server\koos which opens the folder with full rights
    Only normal domain users have the problem on this computer. Not admin users.

On any other computer in the network a user can log in and access his personal folder/drive

Any ideas?
    Last edited by hanrov; 2011-02-18 at 05:05.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    A policy is in place on that computer preventing users accessing network shares. This is usually done through group policy, probably local policy on that PC. Run "gpedit.msc" to change/remove the restriction.
    Sorry, I don't know which setting it is. A search for "prevent network drive access" may provide the information.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I checked the policies but found no restrictions. I also removed the pc from the domain and added it again but no luck.