New Lounger
    Thanks

Question RTF sending wrong data in report

I do monthly reports for my volunteer group. I open the query, change the date parameters, SAVE IT. Open report..it shows the correct data and the dates are correct also. If I send it RTF format it sends the report data for the previous month...not the current one I'm doing. I have saved the report before sending so that is not the problem. I did not have this problem in the 2003 version of Office. Only after installing the 2007 one.
    I'm not a programmer so am not using complicated modules etc here. Just what Access offers itself. I've ck'ed everything I can think of and no one seems to have the answer for me.
    Anyone help?
    Thanks
    Lindy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Swede,

One thing you might try that would save you work even if it doesn't solve the immediate problem is to add a parameter for the dates to your query [Enter Starting Date], etc. Then you don't have to open, edit and save the query at all. Just run the report and you will be prompted to enter the dates.

If you don't get full satisfaction with that you can install a PDF printer like the free PrimoPDF and then print the report to a pdf file and sent it.

Hope this helps a little.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RetiredGeek; 2011-02-20 at 13:55. Reason: Add Graphic
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It is hard to understand how it could send the wrong data to RTF, if the report opens correctly.

Can you post a demo db that shows the problem. Strip the db back to just the bare bits needed, and remove any sensitive data, then zip the file to attach it.
    Regards
    John