Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Change Date Font Color

I have cells formatted for date/time like this 2/21/2011 1404 where 1404 is the time of day. I would like to change the color of the font if the time is >= 1200, i.e. have all the p.m. date/times colored. The Right function finds the 4 time digits, so I assume I can us an IF(Right(A!,4) >= 1200, ???,) but is there a ??? function or command to change the font color?

Thanks
    You can use conditional formatting. Excel stores dates/times in units of days so the integer component of date/time is the date (the number of days past Jan 1, 1900.) The decimal portion is fraction of a day 6AM is 6/24 = 0.25, Noon is 0.5, 6PM is 0.75, etc. Times that are PM all have decimal portions >0.5

So you can use conditional formatting [Format - cells - conditional formatting...] to set the formula to use a formula like:
    =Mod(a1,1)>0.5

Change A1 to whatever the activecell is when you set the conditional formatting and change the format in the conditional formatting dialogue box to whatever you want. [If you consider NOON to be PM (Technically noon and midnight are neither AM or PM), use >=0.5]

Steve

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Steve. That works.