Star Lounger
    Thanks

Freeware For Reading E-Book Files With My PC

I have Windows XP Pro SP-3 (32-bit).

I live in the USA and my automobile club (AAA) is starting to make their TourBook Guides available online for download. The files to download are made for IPad, iPhone, Kindle, Nook, Sony Reader... I do not have any of these e-readers and would like to open such files using my desktop instead.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a freeware that handles the most popular e-book formats? (So far, I've seen files with extensions such as .epub and .mobi but there probably are other formats too)

Doing a search with Google brings up a staggering amount of such software. But which one is(are) the best one(s)??

Thanks.

Thanks
    I use the Nook Color app and find it very useful. I have downloaded over 60 books with nary a hitch. You can get the app directly from Barnes and Noble. Have fun
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The Kindle Reader for PC is free: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000426311. I have not used this. However, many ebooks are available in .PDF format as well, there are any number of PDF viewers which you can also use for free. I haven't ordered anything from AAA for a while, I'll have to check that out. It could be useful.
    Chuck

Thanks
    The Nook Color app can also view pdf files. What you have to consider though is that this app is on your PC and there are many more powerful pdf apps available than that bundled with any ebook reader. I would also recommendd any of the Nook readers. My wife and I both have Nook Color and love them.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
    The Kindle Reader for PC is free: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000426311. I have not used this. However, many ebooks are available in .PDF format as well, there are any number of PDF viewers which you can also use for free. I haven't ordered anything from AAA for a while, I'll have to check that out. It could be useful.
    Just in case you want to download one of AAA's available TourBook guides in e-book format:
    1) Login at www.aaa.com/
    2) Navigate to www.aaa.com/ebooks
    3) Choose the city in which you are interested (TourBooks in e-book format are only available for select cities at this time!)

I'm letting you know this because when you log into www.aaa.com/ there is no direct link to the www.aaa.com/ebooks/ subdirectory yet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tb75252 For This Useful Post:

Doc Brown (2011-02-24)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the tip!
    Chuck