Lounger
    Thanks

Wink Endnotes Word 2007 - Need to type AFTER

Good morning all,
    I realise endnotes mean AT THE END!! but i want to enter more date (signature, comments, anything) after the endnotes - without it being referenced in the Endnote Text.

I know I can put in a section break at the end of the document, then set the Endnotes to occur at the end of the current section, thereby allowing me to type in the last section. However this only seems to work when I put in the section breaks BEFORE i commence inserting Endnotes into the preceding section of the document.

If I already have endnotes throughout an existing document, there seems to be no way I can override the END feature, meaning that if i follow the steps above, i STILL cannot type anything after the last endnote without it being referenced in the Endnote Text.

Yes, I have tried converting the end notes to footnotes, doing the section breaks then converting back to endnotes to appear at the end of the current section, but this still doesn't work.

Any further possible techniques or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks for any help, much appreciated.
    Have a great day!
    WebMistress

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Can you post a sample document that demonstrates your problem. We can probably retrofit the existing endnotes but will need to see what you have before we attempt it.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    See this site for how to do this. The instructions have not been updated for W2007/10. But once you find the right dialogs you'll be OK. To get to the Footnote and Endnote dialog, where you can set the endnotes to to appear at the ends of sections, click the References tab > Footnotes group launcher arrow (lower right). To get to the Page setup dialog, where you can suppress the endnotes for the whole document and then allow them in one, click the Page layout > page setup launcher arrow.

Pam
    Last edited by PamCaswell; 2011-02-25 at 00:29.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by webmistress View Post
    Good morning all,
    I realise endnotes mean AT THE END!! but i want to enter more date (signature, comments, anything) after the endnotes - without it being referenced in the Endnote Text.

I know I can put in a section break at the end of the document, then set the Endnotes to occur at the end of the current section, thereby allowing me to type in the last section. However this only seems to work when I put in the section breaks BEFORE i commence inserting Endnotes into the preceding section of the document.

If I already have endnotes throughout an existing document, there seems to be no way I can override the END feature, meaning that if i follow the steps above, i STILL cannot type anything after the last endnote without it being referenced in the Endnote Text.

Yes, I have tried converting the end notes to footnotes, doing the section breaks then converting back to endnotes to appear at the end of the current section, but this still doesn't work.

Any further possible techniques or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I've just tried this in Word 2003 (sorry - that's what I have available right now).

(1) I started a new document wrote a little bit of text and included an endnote, which I specified as being at the end of the document.

(2) I went to the end of the document (Ctrl-End).

(3) I inserted a new section (continuous) and typed a few words.

(4) I positioned the insertion point in the endnote went to the Insert menu, chose Reference - footnote, changed the setting from end of document to end of section, and clicked Apply.

It seems to work - see attachment.

Ian
    Attached Files Attached Files