New Lounger
    Thanks

All Win Updates have vanished, can't reinstall

The most bizarre situation ever for me: All of my scores and scores of Windows Updates are gone. Checked System and Security, view installed updates: No updates installed in this computer! Checked Windows Updates in All programs: nothing. My last Belarc Advisor profile listed countless KB updates, but the latest printout shows absolutely none. For several weeks, the exact same updates notifications in the system tray say two critical should be installed. I've installed them about 20 times: Security Update for Windows 7 (KB977165), Security Update for Windows 7 (KB2393802). I've customized the system tray to "show icons and notifications" but only the same two are there!
    I've tried to download all required updates directly from the Microsoft security site but am told to go through Windows Updates, all programs. The only ones that show up are the above two. Bottom line: There are no Windows Updates on my machine, and I can't install any. Your ideas will be greatly appreciated. ec

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Thanks
    I think you should try a Repair Install as shown in Windows Seven Forums and many others. Something seems amiss with your basic Windows OS. As last resort, save all your data and reinstall Win 7 after a HD format. (any chance you could have an infection? Try downloading an AM app such as Malwarebytes and see what happens. Quite often viruses or malware prevent you from downloading AV or AM products.)
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and click on show installed updates. Are they listed there?

By the way, I don't think the repair install procedure will any longer work once SP1 is installed until someone figures out how to slipstream it unto your install disk.

Jerry

Thanks
    That's the biggest reason why I created a complete HD Image just prior to the SP1 install. Then it's easy to go back to Win 7 without SP1 until things are figured out. Images are wonderful.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy