Results 1 to 2 of 2
2011-02-25, 16:37 #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nix Auto Format and cut & pasting from Web format
Two questions -
1. I am entering data in excel and afew of the cells keeps making the next data in a web address style Blue underlined - I had cut and pasted some web stuff in the worksheet before but dont wont these cells to be autoformatted - I cant seem to get rid of it even when I delete the rows it keeps re-appearing
2.. How do I cut and paste web text that is web formatted and appears on several lines instead of one cell - I think I vaguely remember being able to use a shortcut to make it wrap and appear in one cell
2011-02-25, 17:53 #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2002
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
- Thanked 342 Times in 335 Posts
1. To remove the auto hyperlink once added you can use ctrl-z to undo the last operation. If you are past the UNDO stage, you can also right click and select hyperlink - remove hyperlink.
Turning off the behavior is done via tools - AutoCorrect options -AutoFormat As You Type(tab) and uncheck "Internet and Network paths with hyperlinks"
2. to turn on wrapping - format cells - ALignment(tab) - check "Wrap text"