Thanks

A few questions about Chromium

I have been using Google Chrome quite frequently, and I enjoy its features. However, I recently read that, since it is released by Google, the company utilizes several built-in features from the browser to track Internet behavior. Since Chromium is the open-source, no-strings-attached version of Chrome, I was wondering if it would be advisable to make the switch. I haven't noticed any single website that provides a download link for Chromium, and even Chromium's own website just seems to provide the source code. So where would I go to download it?

Is anyone aware of any difference in features or appearance between the two browsers? Since Chrome is the end-user, polished version, does it have support for websites that Chromium doesn't offer, or provide extra functionality not found in Chromium?

I've also heard about Iron, which is sort of a deviation or fork from Chromium. Is it noticeably different from Chromium? I've researched it, and found mixed reviews. On the one hand, users are content that it offers a more polished appearance than Chromium. On the other, critics complain that it doesn't offer anything users couldn't already obtain in Chromium. Is this true? Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this Chrome confusion!

Thanks
    This site just might set you straight on things?Here's the link;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium_%28web_browser%29
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Thanks
    Thank you for the link chowur; it did indeed set me straight as far as Chrome and Chromium are concerned. I feel like Chromium is the better choice, simply because it doesn't have the Google tracking or DNS pre-fetching that Chrome does. While one could argue that you would have to be truly paranoid to worry about such features - especially with privacy becoming less and less prevalent in the Internet age - it is something to consider when choosing between them. Linux users would also argue that Chromium is a better choice since it is the direct version of the open-source browser, as opposed to the branded, Googlized version. On the other hand, Chrome sports out-of-the-box Flash support and automatic updates, so it is more a matter of personal taste than anything else.
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Issac Asimov, from his novel "Foundation"

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you're concerned about the privacy violations of Chrome, you might try Comodo Dragon. Like Iron, it's built on the Chromium technology, but my experience with Dragon and Iron was that Dragon worked better than Iron - especially with streaming audio. Also, the support forum for Iron had a really slow response to questions - if anyone responded at all. http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-...rs/browser.php