Star Lounger
    Thanks

how to use malwarebyte

hi members,
    hope you can give some info on using malwarebyte.
    malwarebyte found a trojan downloader and 3 disable security malwares after a scan.

there is a remove button that i want to ask about:
    -does 'remove button' delete and destroy the malware or -
    - or remove the malware from detection, releasing it into my computer?

what i'd like to do is 'quarantine' option but
    when i press the quarantine option, it just gets selected and nothing happen. how do i use the quarantine function or does the 'remove button' quarantines the malwares?
    thank you.
    spec

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Smile

Hi : These questions are more appropiately asked on the Malwarebytes Forums at http://forums.malwarebytes.org . I think yours has been answered in the thread at http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index...howtopic=75904 . IF not, then I recommend you "register" there, then start a new topic in their "General Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" forum .
    For the BEST in what counts in Life :

http://www.ctftoronto.com

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dark spec View Post
    malwarebyte found a trojan downloader and 3 disable security malwares after a scan.

there is a remove button that i want to ask about:
    -does 'remove button' delete and destroy the malware or -
    - or remove the malware from detection, releasing it into my computer?

what i'd like to do is 'quarantine' option but
    when i press the quarantine option, it just gets selected and nothing happen. how do i use the quarantine function or does the 'remove button' quarantines the malwares?
    spec,
    Hello... Malwarebytes automatically quarantines suspect items ...Once placed in "Quarantine" you then have the option to "delete" them ...If your not sure if they are "for real threats" you can take an Image of your OS using Macrium Reflect (free) http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp Then delete them and see what "shakes out" ....If all is well you can delete the backup ....If not ...Then you can "go back" to before you did the "delete thing" Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-02-26 at 17:31.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy

I had quarantined malware. had set restore point before scanning. can always do a restore if anything is wrong.
    thank you for info.
    spec

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dark spec View Post
    I had quarantined malware. had set restore point before scanning. can always do a restore if anything is wrong.
    thank you for info.
    spec
    spec,
    Hello.... No!... the restore point will not restore the files \folders etc. if you delete them. You need to take a "Image" of you Whole OS , before deleting. A "restore point" is NOT a system image. Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    oh dear, checked out macriune. doubt i can use it. i am blind. can't see the images you posted earlier either. anyway, they are quarantined now. the disable security is flagged as 'registry data' . suspect it's done by avast so i have sent the suspect items to avast for clarification before deletion.

thank you
    spec