Thanks

Exclamation 2010 Reminder window auto-refreshing after snooze

Hello all!

After I upgraded from Outlook 2002 to 2010 using the same PST file, my reminders window has started "refreshing" after I hit snooze only on some items. When I hit snooze on one of these items, of which I haven't yet seen a pattern, it will close/re-open the reminders window in an instant as if I closed it and then a new reminder came due immediately. The reminder sound plays. It also selects the bottom reminder and sets the Snooze time to the default, which is usually not what I had originally chosen in that box.

Has anyone had any experience with this or know what may be wrong? If there's something easy to fix, I'd rather do that than try exporting everything from one PST to a new one. I always get worried that something will go wrong and something will be lost.

Thanks in advance!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Thanks
    No luck with that. I think I've tried it before, too. Thanks though!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Sorry rebuilding the reminder data didn't work as I just re-read your first post and remembered that is the behavior I see in Outlook 2010 also. I haven't tried to figure out a pattern. I'm just living with it. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

Joe

Thanks
    I'm thinking of exporting all my data from the current PST to a new Outlook 2010-generated PST. Have you tried that? I'm wondering if anyone else has tried it because, if it doesn't work, then I'll just save my time and not do it.

Administrator
    Thanks
    At work I use Outlook & cached Exchange mode so I have an OST file not a PST. I have re-created the OST file more than once for a different problem. So, that has not helped me. It may work differently for a PST.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi LordJair - did you ever get this issue resolved? I've encountered what seems like the same problem after upgrading to Outlook 2010. So far, your posting is the only account of this issue that I've been able to find and I'm almost out of options. Would be nice if there was a quick fix of some sort. Thanks!

Thanks
    Unfortunately, I have not found a cure for what ails it. In fact, as we changed over to the new year, several of my calendar appointments started doing it again. Usually, I've just had to wait until I dismiss them a time or two, it seems, before it actually works. I was pretty sad to see the same issues pop up again after the new year.

Administrator
    Thanks
    There was a fix to snooze behavior in service pack 1. Do you have SP-1 installed?

Joe

Thanks
    Yep.