3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I there an easy way around authentication on 7?

I need to have 7 Pro on both my desk top and lap top. I am the only user so there will never be a time that I will be using both simultaneously. With XP you just made the phone call is 7 the same?

Thanks,

Marc

Thanks
    Time to Read the Microsoft Software License Terms...

Shorter answer: "one retail licence, one computer."
    "Purchasing a single Windows 7 license allows you ti install and activate it on just one (1) computer. If you purchase an OEM license, it will be permanetly bound to the first computer it is installed and activated on. In other words, it cannot be used on a different computer in the future. If you purchase a conventional retail Windows 7 license, it can be transferred to a different computer in the future. Still, you can only use the license to install on just one (1) computer."
    See this Microsoft Answers page.
    Last edited by BATcher; 2011-02-28 at 14:44.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you had the key code on windows 7, couldn't you put into another computer?

Thanks
    The only legal way I know of to install Windows 7 on more than one computer is through the Family Upgrade Pack.

However, I don't know if it is still available. It would allow upgrading to Windows 7 on up to three machines. I don't recall which version of Windows 7 Home that was available, either.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For anyone interested, Amazon has Win7 Home Premium Upgrade 3-User for $99.99. Free shipping. My package included disks for both 32 bit and 64 bit.
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family Pack (3-User)

Last week, I installed it on an XP machine and set it up as Dual Boot XP or Win7.

Thanks
    I guess the big thing here is do you want to be legal. Most of us in this forum do want to be legal. Plus you would not be able to activate Win 7 with the same single user license on 2 separate PC's, so even if you actually installed it on both, you will only be able to activate one so you will ultimately loose function on the unactivated PC. It does not matter if you are the only user and only use one PC at a time.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I wasn't trying to imply something illegal. I sure MS has a trigger in the program, that prevents more than one use. Should one want a "Computer Profile Summary" which gives an inventory of your computer, I have found Belarc Advisor.com which is [U]free[U] and comes in handy. After I installed MS SP 1 for the 2nd time, after a complete fresh install plus all the updates on a snail connection, it was nice to have it printable, after 4 days work. I looked into getting it from MS web site, but the size would probably taken 10 or more days to load. Looking to getting back to my High Speed, once I get back East from my winter in AZ out in the desert. Thank you for UR reply.