2 Star Lounger
    Hepler, Kansas, USA

Junk Mail doesn't stop unwanted email

I have received more than 700 copies of an unwanted pseudo political-religious screed since February 13. I've asked the sender to quit sending them. I get multiple copies each day in my inbox. The sender claims he's worked for more than an hour with an online support (AT&T) who "took control of his computer" and fixed it. It's not fixed. How do I make Outlook move the unwanted messages to the Junk Mail folder. I have checked and the sender is in the blocked sender list but the messages still come to my inbox. Better yet, how do I stop the messages before they ever get to my mailbox? Windows 7, MS Office 2007.
    Last edited by wwob; 2011-02-28 at 21:58. Reason: update

Silicon Valley, USA
    Outlook's Rules feature is more flexible than its Junk Mail filters. You could create a rule that recognizes unique aspects of these messages and moves them to the Junk Mail folder. With respect to blocking them before Outlook downloads them, your ISP might have a spam blocking feature that works on the server side. Otherwise, I think handling them in Outlook is simplest (compared with, say, first checking your server mailbox with another program).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscher2000 For This Useful Post:

wwob (2011-03-01)