2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reminder e-mail/appointment for recurring meeting

Hi,

My boss arranged a series of recurring meetings (once every two weeks until the end of October). He asked me to remind him to send an agenda to meeting participants a few days before each meeting.

If I change the calendar reminder to 3 days before the meeting:
    1. I will lose my 15-minute reminder (which I also need)
    2. The 3-day reminder will be lost if the meeting is rescheduled
    What I did was set a parallel meeting (set to Show As Free) and I set the parallel meeting with a reminder of 3 days in advance. This will work, but it is not a perfect solution:
    1. If the meeting is cancelled and I forget to remove the parallel meeting, I might mistakenly send an erroneous reminder to my boss about the meeting agenda
    2. If the meeting is moved to a different day, I may forget to adjust the parallel meeting and not send my boss a reminder on time
    Is there a more elegant way to set such a reminder?

Thanks,

JoeK

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Even before you mentioned it, Joe, that would've been my suggestion for a work-around. In Outlook, each meeting gets one reminder. Besides, if you have two, parallel meetings, if you move or delete the main meeting, you'll see the agenda reminder. So, I'd say your chances for errors are minimal.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reminder Email/Appointment for Recurring Mtg

njRob, thanks for your reply.

The only problem is that I don't set the meetings, my boss does. This means that when there is a change to the meeting I respond from the email and don't necessarily go into the calendar. So I probably won't see the "reminder" meeting.

I guess that, in this case, I'll just have to rely on my brain to remember to adjust the parallel meeting - how 1980s!

JoeK

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Tasks also have reminders, but I think that would be more complicated than parallel meetings.