New Lounger
    Thanks

Win 7 SP1 not show as an update

My wife has a Toshiba laptop that she got a few months ago with Win 7 already installed. It periodically downloads and installs updates but does not show SP1 as being installed or available! Should it be?

Thanks

Joe

Thanks
    On the main systems page it should read as updated to the new service pack...
    Untitled.jpg

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Joe.

>>> does not show SP1 as being installed

It will not until you select it on the Updates page. Look at the offered updates and you will see that the check is not in that little square. Click it and voilà, you will get it. MS has made it a volontary update as it is quite time taking and will reboot the machine for you during the setup.

Have fun. Jean.

NB: Sorry, I have a feeling that your Lady is not too savvy. The way to get it is to click on the Start button -> Control Panel -> the last one: Updates -> Check for Updates ( in the left pane of the dialog. ) You will be presented with all outstanding updates, click on the SP1 box and voilà !
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2011-03-03 at 09:44. Reason: NB: added.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to handcuff36 For This Useful Post:

Joe Trimarchi (2011-03-03)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe,
    SP 1 was offered on Monday for my desktop running 64 bit Home Premium but so far it has not been offered for laptop running 32 bit Ultimate. My guess is that they are offering it in stages.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I just took another look at it and it does not show it. It when I run Windows Update it does not show it as an available update not one that has already been installed. I have a Dell Desktop and it shows it in both places.

Thanks,

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by CLiNT View Post
    On the main systems page it should read as updated to the new service pack...
    Untitled.jpg

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. That may be the answer and I'm just going to wait another week or two and see if it becomes available.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by rlfvt View Post
    Joe,
    SP 1 was offered on Monday for my desktop running 64 bit Home Premium but so far it has not been offered for laptop running 32 bit Ultimate. My guess is that they are offering it in stages.

Thanks
    You could always go to MS and download the entire SP1 file and install it in this manner. Be advised that the whole download is considerable more than what you will be offered in Windows Update. The advantage of this is that if you have to reinstall Windows for any reason you will already have SP1 saved. Since SP1 includes all updates to date, it would save time during the reinstall. I also feel more comfortable with these large updates to install in this manner.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

Joe Trimarchi (2011-03-04)