New Lounger
    Thanks

Thunderbird-- sharing profile between user accoun

As there doesn't seem to be a lounge for 3rd.-party email readers this seems the best place to post my question.

I have a laptop that I use at work and at home. My employers installed a new network and now I have to log on using a new account when at work, and then change users to access my email, unless I want separate folders with saved email under profiles in my separate accounts. I think you can see the disadvantages to this. . .

Is there a way to share a single profile between 2 (or more) user accounts on a computer? I.e. to make an instance of T'bird running in one user account work from and (save email to) a profile in a different one?

Firefox isn't really such a problem since I use Xmarks and can keep 2 separate profiles synchronized that way, having only to be sure to install any new add-ons to both profiles. . .

As has been noted elsewhere in these forums, Mozilla's forums are remarkably hard place to find the particular info one needs. It wouldn't be fair to call them "content-free" as there's tons of content, but good luck finding the content you need.

You'd think this would be a sufficiently common issue to make it into their FAQs., even if only as a "you can't do that- and here's why", but, no.

Thanks

-- Paul

Thanks
    First, make lots of backups...

Then, move or rename your unwanted profile folder out of the way and try to change the setting in profile.ini to the path you want to use. See the "Moving a Profile" section regarding profile.ini: http://support.mozillamessaging.com/...ving_a_profile

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks

Thanks.

I go crosseyed wading through all that stuff and don't generally manage to find what I'm looking for for my trouble. I usually find out later that they had what I needed indexed under something I never would have guessed.

-- Paul