Lounger
    Thanks

SP-1 XPMode Integration Features Not Available

Upgrade to Win7 SP-1 went smoothly without any hitch for the main OS. But when I first opened my virtual machine, I was given the opportunity to upgrade the integration features. It failed. I provided the password to log on to XPMode the manual way and attempted to re-try installing the features by running the Virtual PC Integration Components wizard from the virtual CD/DVD drive (as instructed by the original wizard). It got almost to the end of the installation but then failed again and said "Setup Interrupted". I exited XPMode completely and tried to adjust the Windows Virtual PC Settings from the Start Menu but Integration Features are listed as "Not Available" and all options in the right panel are grayed out. I have tried rebooting/disabling MSE in both the VM as well as Win 7 all to no avail. I am running the English version of Win7 Pro (32 bit). Originally, my XP International Options was set to Chinese-Taiwan when I did the upgrade (foolish... I know). I changed it back to the OS's native (English U.S.) but it still failed. I'm a home user with networking available but no other computers connected . Any fix for me?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am not sure if this has changed in SP1 as I have not used it yet but you cannot have this enabled if you wish to have XPMode Integration features.

System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing and signing,"

This can be found in the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) under Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options. This setting is initially set to disabled in my experience.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Finally found a fix at Microsoft Answers site http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...6-1f646aee8068. Hope this helps anybody frustrated by the same problem.