Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Magix movie edit Pro 17 crashes

Hi guys, not sure if you can help, I have just started using Magix Movie edit Pro 17, I can edit, create menu's and burn disc's, as long as I do it in one go, if I save the project and try to open it latter, just as the file is as about 87% open, Magix closes, not had a lot of luck from their tech support as yet, I did notice if I opened Magix and then try to load a project from the edit section, I get this error message :-

Error in module "QuickTime.qts [load address:0x66800000] to address0x6682df58
    Exception 0xc0000005 "ACCESS_VIOLATION"

I have tried to look up poss causes, not too sure if looking in the right direction, but, I have run Microsoft Memory Checker, all ok, and did look at my DEP settings, was at turn on DEP for all programs, did try switching to :- enable DEP only for essential Windows programs, but still the same, hope you can help,
    Thanks, Bob

XP home SP3
    Pentium 4 3Ghz
    3 Gb memory
    onboard audio
    Radeon X300 series graphics

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Very well could be an corrupt file in the program.I can only suggest that you Uninstall that program with this FREE program;http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html
    PLEASE read the READ ME FILE with in the program also.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Lounger
    Thanks
    Chowur, Thanks for your help, I will give it a go, sorry for the late reply,I am on shifts so not much time to play on my pc,
    Rob

Lounger
    Thanks
    I have managed to get it sorted, it turns out the files, taken on a Panasonic compact camera, have been causing movie edit pro 17 to crash, the tech support at Magix found the fault, and also that there was no problems with using the plus version, so they offered me a free upgrade to movie edit pro 17 Plus, all sorted now, and a thumbs up to Magix tech support, hope this will help someone else with the same problem,
    Rob

Thanks
    Glad to hear you have it sorted out.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten