New Lounger
    Thanks

Team Inbox Hell (98)

Hi,

I'm trying to set up workgroup facilities in Project 98. I can get the email side working well, but when I get to try the workgroup facility, I'm failing miserably.

Each time I try to connect to the Team Inbox (http://machinename/project/mspjhttp.exe?), IE asks me if I want to open or save the file and even if I choose open, it doesn't know what to open it with - opening it in IE has no effect. If my understanding is correct, then putting the ? after the filename is supposed to make IE open it in the browser, which leads me to believe that it might be something to do with IEs security settings.

Any ideas people?

Thanks

Re: Team Inbox Hell (98)

What version of IE?
    I've never used the ? so I wonder...

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Team Inbox Hell (98)

5.5 Catharine.

I've now solved this problem, having failed miserably to get past it for almost a year, so am currently singing happy songs and dancing happy dances.

The problem was an setting on the web server (IIS) which was not set to allow executables.

It just goes to show that no matter how frustrating a problem can be (and I've been posting this one on various boards for the last 12 months with no luck at all), someone can help. In this case it was a guy who sits no more than 15 foot away from me who I wouldn't have considered asking in a million years. He solved the problem in less than a minute.

Thanks for getting involved.