Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2010 Table rows and cols not lined up

I have a 2-page Landscape document. Both pages have 2x2 tables. On the screen, the vertical line between the two columns lines up perfectly when looking at page 1 and page 2. However, when I print the two pages (back to back), the middle line is NOT in alignment.

Any clues?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    When I test this on a couple of printers here, I find the same issue. I think this is due to slight inaccuracies in the way printers mechanically take up and feed paper (so for example, the left and right margins may be set to 1 inch each in Word, but in reality when printed, these may come out at 1.01 and .99 inch).

The paper gets flipped when doing double-sided printing, which means what was the left side on the first pass, may be the right side on the second pass.

Some printers have settings that allow you to calibrate the margins to adjust for inconsistencies in the feed mechanism.

Gary

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Gary. I sort of suspected as much. I managed to create two separate 2x2 tables and a new section for the 2nd page and adjusted the columns (a few times, until I got it right).