Thread: Arctic Silver

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Arctic Silver

Hello all,
    Just wanted to pass along my results using this "Heat sink compound" You can have a look see http://www.arcticsilver.com/ At this time of year i usually "blow the dust and cobwebs" out of my desktop, and after reading about this product thought that i would like to give it a try..... I removed the Heatsinks from my CPU and Asus video card and cleaned off the dead bugs, etc. and applied arctic silver "Matrix" The result was that my overall temps ( CPU \ Video ) came down about 3 to 5 degrees C. I know that that's a general statement seeing how they normally fluctuate with PC usage...however they are generally all down (using CPUID) Newegg has a video, and Utube has many on this procedure.. I haven't done this since my PC was new 2007, and think that it was about time,as vibration moves the heatsinks around a little disturbing the contact area, which was evident on my video card (used a thermal pad) ...have a look Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    Quite often you'll get some improvement if your computer is a few years old and the previous stock heatsink/fan assembly used the thermotape.
    Arctic Silver is what I've used an am comfortable with using.

Wish I had your GPU temp though, my GPU is in the 50s Celsius range.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You changed more than one thing at once so the results are invalid. Put the bugs back and we'll consider the evidence. ;-))

cheers, Paul