New Lounger
    Thanks

Printing message on bottom of every new e-mail sent Outlook 2007

ISO accreditation requires that every e-mail message that I send must say "If you received this message in error, please delete" on the bottom of the page. I tried to set this up in the footer but it does not work. How can I make this happen? HELP!
    Fran

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    If are connected to Exchange Server, the Exchange Admins should setup a company disclaimer. If you are not connected to Exchange, setup a Signature.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe but I already have a signature set up. Additionally, I would like this message at the very bottom of the e-mail. Is there another way?

Fran

Thanks
    If you can't do it on the server, you can create an event procedure in Outlook that modifies the message after the user clicks Send. If you search around, you might find some code already written for this. Maybe: http://www.google.com/search?q=outlo...%22itemsend%22

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks jscher2000 for your reply.
    The challenge that I have is that I do not have a server --- just a desktop and laptop computers. I haven't written VB code for over 30 years and do not currently have time to refresh those skills.

When I enter the message into the Footer, why doesn't it show up in the message? This is the frustrating part that I do not understand.

Fran

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you want your error message to appear after your signature? And does this error message need to appear in EVERY email that you send? If so, edit your current signature. (Tools/Options/Mail Format/Signatures/select signature to edit.) And then, in the Edit Signature area, after your current signature, enter a few, blank lines and then write your error message.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    I haven't written VB code for over 30 years and do not currently have time to refresh those skills.
    I assume (!!) that you use the built-in Outlook plain text or HTML editor. If you use Word as your editor, this might not apply.

Try this event procedure as a starting point:

Code:
    Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
    If Item.Class <> olMail Then Exit Sub
    Item.Body = Item.Body & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "LEGAL NOTICES GO HERE"
    Cancel = False
    End Sub
    To install that, open the VB Editor from Outlook (Alt+F11), expand the project explorer and double-click ThisOutlookSession, then paste the above code. Send a test message to yourself and see whether the new text is appended at the end.

For something more attractively formatted, it gets more complicated....

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    When I enter the message into the Footer, why doesn't it show up in the message? This is the frustrating part that I do not understand.
    Footer on stationery? Footer in page setup?
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-03-09 at 16:34. Reason: Addressed second question