shoaib

Changing the background colour in normal view (Office 97/ SR2)

Hi All,

I was wondering how do I change my background colour in Word 97 in Normal page view - when I change the background colour using Format->Background it places me in online layout view.

I know I will have to undo these changes for printing the document - but I was trying to do something like
    Yellow text on a black background as I find the Black on white hard on the eyes.

Thanks in advance.

Shoaib

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Changing the background colour in normal view (Office 97/ SR2)

Apart from the Format option, you can set the background to Blue with white text. Just go to Tools, Options, select the general tab and select Blue Background, White Text. This should apply in all views, and should not need to be altered for printing.

If that does not suit, you will need to change you Appearance settings in the Control Panel. Under Item select Window, and set the background and foreground colors to suit. Be aware however that these settings apply to all Windows applications and not just Office.

Andrew C

shoaib

Thanks for that that was very helpful.

I was wondering also - if one changes the Appearance settings in the Control Panel does that affect printing - i.e. if I changes the default backgroud/foreground will all my printouts come out yellow on black for example.

Thanks.

Shoaib

Thanks

The only way to change this is in your Windows Explorer settings. Right-click on your desktop and pick properties. This changes the background for all windows, not just those in Word. I generally use a light blue - teal color for mine. It is supposed to be easier on the eyes, and I like it.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Shoaib,

Not to worry - the background will still print out as white (even on a color printer).

Gary