bmartling

PDF's from Access Reports

Does anyone know how to create a PDF from an Access report from code - using an API? I can do it using sendkeys and Acrobat Distiller, but it's flaky. Does Adobe have a DLL or something to do this?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PDF's from Access Reports

There is code posted at this page on The Access Web, courtesy of Ken Getz. I've also seen code you could buy for this, but I can't find the reference.
    Charlotte

bmartling

[img]/w3timages/icons/love.gif[/img]Charlotte, thank you so much. It works like a dream. I also am an Access nut. I've got a real cool add-in that I wrote if you'd like it. It renames fields, tables, queries, etc. Also searches for fields in queries, forms (both in controls and vbs code), etc, etc. Let me know if you'd like a copy.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank for this information. I have been looking for a way to create PDFs this way for some time. This works beautifully in Access. Would you happen to know how to do this in Excel? I tried copying all the modules into Excel but they don't work.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Bob. I appreciate the offer. How big is the file when zipped? If it's that good, maybe you should consider posting it as an attachment so that others can make use of it, too. If it's over 100Kb zipped, you can't attach it, but a link would be nice. Otherwise, feel free to send me a copy at the email address in my profile.
    Charlotte

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Excel has different applicaton-specific objects than Access, so it wouldn't work without modification. However, the calls to Acrobat should work regardless, so all you have to do is figure out how to substitute Excel objects for the Access objects in the code, and you'll have something to share with the Excel forum!
    Charlotte

bmartling

[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]Everything works fine in Win95, but on NT a Save As dialog box always appears, thus ruining everything. Help, anyone?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

A save as dialog for what and from where? Is this Access, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, or what generating the save as? Is this for the PDF file? If so, that sounds like the application settings on that machine rather than the operating system.
    Charlotte